By visiting our Platform, submitting information and/or purchasing any products, you agree to let us collect and use your Personal Information as described in this Policy. Therefore, before you provide us with any Personal Information, you should read through this Policy in its entirety and understand its terms. We may update the Policy from time to time, so please check it occasionally.
This Policy describes:
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Collect Your Personal Information
- Legal Bases on Which We Rely to Process Your Personal Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Disclose Your Personal Information
- Communications and Opt Out
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- International Transfer of Your Personal Information
- Ability to Access, Update, and Correct Personal Information
- California Privacy Rights
- Changes to This Policy
- Questions About This Policy
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal Information Definition and Categories. MilkMate collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked to (directly or indirectly) an individual person or household (“Personal Information”). MilkMate also collects non-Personal Information that cannot be linked or associated with an individual person or household. When non-Personal Information is combined with other information so that it does identify an individual person, we treat that combination as Personal Information. We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of Personal Information about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identifiers, such as your first name, last name, alias, username or similar unique personal identifier, account name, online identifier, and/or date of birth
- Contact Information, such as your billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone number(s)]
- Profile Data, such as user name and password
- Commercial Information, such as details about the products and/or services you have purchased, payments you have made, details of products and/or services you have purchased from us in the past, purchase or product preferences, data/time stamps for questions/comments, social media association status, gift messages, waiting list information, personal interests, message content from online contact submissions, files uploaded via online contact forms, feedback, reviews, surveys, name of non-profit organization, tax ID number for non-profit organization, and details of non-profit organization (if applicable)
- Internet and Other Electronic Network Activity Information, such as internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Platform
- Usage Data about how you use our Platform and services, such as statistics regarding the opening and clicking on emails sent by us, length of stay, clickstream information, and activity on the site (e.g., pages viewed, products seen, abandoned baskets, etc.)
- Marketing and Communications Information, such as marketing campaign data, referring URLs, click-throughs, your preferences and consent in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, email and text communications, and your communication preferences
- Inference Data, including inferences drawn from the Personal Information identified above.
- Retention. For each of the above-identified categories of Personal Information, we will retain the information as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and/or to support any claim, defense, or declaration in a case or before a jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration, or mediation panel.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- Sensitive Personal Information. MilkMate does not collect any Sensitive Personal Information through our Platform. “Sensitive Personal Information” means, to the extent not publicly available, (1) Personal Information that reveals: a consumer’s social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; a consumer’s account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; a consumer’s precise geolocation; a consumer’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership; the contents of a consumer’s mail, email, and text messages, unless MilkMate is the intended recipient of the communication; or a consumer’s genetic data; (2) the processing of biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying a consumer; (3) Personal Information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s health; and (4) Personal Information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s sex life or sexual orientation.
- If You Do Not Provide Personal Information. Where we need to collect Personal Information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you do not provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (e.g., to provide you with products or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- Children’s Privacy. The Platform is intended for adult use only and is not directed towards children, minors, or anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to provide us with any Personal Information. If the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with any Personal Information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us at the email address below to have this Personal Information deleted from our files.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Information You Provide To Us. MilkMate may collect Personal Information from you that you voluntarily provide to us in various ways, including, but not limited to, by:
- Creating an account with us
- Placing an order or purchasing products or services from us
- Calling, emailing, texting, or otherwise communicating with us
- Otherwise interacting with the Platform
- Information We Collect When You Use Our Services. Automated technologies or interactions. As is true of most websites, we receive and store certain types of Personal Information whenever you interact with us online. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. When you access and use our Platform and platforms from your mobile devices, we receive data from that mobile device. This may include your device ID, location data, IP address and device type. You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- Information We Collect From Third Parties. We may collect Personal Information from various third parties, including those listed below. The collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information received from third parties may be governed by third-party privacy policies identified where the information was submitted by the user. Third parties may send their own cookies and pixel tags to you, and may collect information and use it in a way inconsistent with this Policy. Please carefully review these third-party privacy policies to understand how your information may be collected, used, and disclosed by these third parties.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may collect Personal Information from service providers, including payment processors, website hosting providers, electronic commerce providers, fulfillment centers, shipping providers, email service providers, SMS marketing providers, product review platforms, and social media platforms.
- Social Media Sites. Where and as applicable on our Platform, if you create an account with us using your Facebook, Google, or other social media login, or link your account with us to Facebook, Google, or other social media account, we receive Personal Information from those third party social media services, which may include your public profile information and email address(s).
- Third Party Advertising Partners. We may collect Personal Information received from third-party advertising partners, including partners who host and manage various online advertisements and ad platforms. This may be combined with the website analytics data described below.
- Google Analytics. We may use third-party cookies provided by Google Analytics to assist us in better understanding our Platform visitors. These cookies collect IP address and usage data, such as the length of time a user spends on a page, the pages a user visits, and the websites a user visits before and after visiting our Platform. Based on this information, Google Analytics compiles data about website traffic and interactions, which we use to offer better user experiences and tools in the future. For information on how to opt out from Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting. Some web browsers incorporate a Do Not Track (“DNT”) feature that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. At this time, our Platform does not respond to DNT signals.
4. LEGAL BASES ON WHICH WE RELY TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may rely on the following legal bases to process your Personal Information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your Personal Information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your Personal Information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Platform or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your Personal Information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your Personal Information for some of the purposes described in order to:
- Send information about special offers and discounts on our products and services
- Develop and display personalized and relevant advertising content
- Analyze how our Platform is used so we can improve it
- Support our marketing activities
- Diagnose problems and/or prevent fraudulent activities
- Understand how our Platform is used so we can improve user experience
- Legal Obligations. We may process your Personal Information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your Personal Information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Purposes For Which We Will Use Your Personal Information. Our primary purposes in collecting Personal Information are to provide you with information you requested or otherwise to communicate with you, to provide you with the products and/or services that you have ordered from us, and otherwise to seek to facilitate a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience with the Platform and MilkMate. We may also use your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- To collect and process payments and complete transactions
- To verify your identity and account information in connection with your requests and purchases
- To provide you with recommendations for products and services that we believe would be of interest to you
- To provide you with our newsletter, if you have subscribed to it
- To assist you with setting up and managing your customer account with us
- To resolve disputes
- To troubleshoot problems and provide product or customer support.
- To enforce applicable agreements, terms and conditions, and the terms of this Policy
- To customize, measure, and improve our and/or third-party services and content
- To inform you about our products, services, updates, and promotional offers
- To customize the advertising and content you see
- To protect our interests, including establishing, exercising, and defending legal rights and claims
- To comply with legal requirements, to prevent fraud, to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities, and to stop other prohibited, illegal, or harmful activities
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide or we request your Personal Information, or as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
6. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your Personal Information to third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy and with our business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors in order to provide you with our products and services and to perform any contract we enter into with them or you.
- User Disclosures. Some Personal Information is disclosed as a matter of course as a result of your use of the Platform. For example, if you choose to review a product. Any Personal Information shared via any public forum on our Platform will become public information.
- Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to perform certain business services and we may disclose Personal Information to such service providers as needed for them to perform these business services. Service providers are only allowed to use, disclose, or retain the Personal Information to provide these services and are prohibited from selling Personal Information. Business services provided may include, but are not limited to, hosting services, communications services, website development services, payment processing services, fulfillment and shipping services, compliance services, user account registration and authentication services, quality control services, analytics services, survey and review services, call center and other communication services, and marketing services.
The categories of Personal Information that we may disclose to a third party for a business purpose include:
- Contact Information
- Professional or Employment-related Information
- Financial Information
- Profile Data
- Commercial Information
- Internet and Other Electronic Network Activity Information
- Usage Data
- Marketing and Communications Information
- Inference Data
- Affiliates. We may disclose Personal Information to our parent company, subsidiaries, other affiliates, successors, assigns, licensees, or business partners and others, including where disclosure of your Personal Information is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or shareholders of MilkMate.
- Business Transactions. We may choose to sell, transfer, or merge all or a portion of our business or assets with one or more third parties. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire all or a portion of the business or assets of one or more third parties. If any of these or a similar organizational transaction happens to our business, then third parties, such as the new owners of our business, may use your Personal Information in the same way as set out in this Policy.
- Legal Process. Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
- Personal Information Sold or Shared; Targeted Advertising. We have not sold any Personal Information in the past twelve months.
7. COMMUNICATIONS AND OPT OUT
By establishing an account, making a purchase, or registering to receive newsletters, you may consent to receive periodic commercial or promotional email communications from us. You may opt out of receiving such communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email. This opt-out will not apply to operational or informational emails related to your account and purchases. You may continue to receive promotional email messages for a short period while we process your request.
8. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
9. ABILITY TO ACCESS, UPDATE AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
MilkMate wants your Personal Information to be complete and accurate. You represent and warrant that all information you provide in connection with your use of the Platform will be complete and accurate, and that you will update that information as necessary to maintain its completeness and accuracy. To confirm the completeness and accuracy of, or make changes to, your Personal Information, please contact us at or, if available, by changing your profile settings on our Platform.
10. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents may have the right to receive information that identifies any third party companies or individuals that MilkMate has shared your Personal Information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting us at the address below.
11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
MilkMate may modify or update this Policy from time to time. We encourage you to revisit this page often to remain fully informed of our Policy, or you can contact us at any time to obtain the latest copy of this Policy.
12. QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY AND EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
For questions or comments regarding our Policy, or to exercise your rights under this Policy or applicable privacy laws (including to appeal any decision by us in connection with the exercise of your rights), you should contact us by using the Contact Us Form. You can also write to us at:
MilkMate Products Inc
780 Third Ave, Floor 26
New York, NY 10017
Effective September 5, 2023
Last Reviewed/Updated: September 5, 2023